Friday, January 7, 2011

My heros

Last night, I really didn't feel like reading at one point, so i decided i was going to write a poem! As i was writing this poem I bawled my head off. I cry when i think about stuff that means a lot to me, so therfor i started crying. I've decided that I'm going to share this poem with the people who happen to read my blog today! Well, Here goes nothing!

"My Hero"
By Aria Joy Salisbury
I look at you and think, "Hero"
You look at me and think, "Pest"
I look at you and see, "The Best"
You look at me and see, "An Interupption"
I think so much of you,
You think so little of me,
I think you could do anything,
You think I'm the worst at everything.
To Me, you're a Role Model
To you, I'm nothing
To me, You're the perfect older brother
To you, I'm just your little sister
I want you to actually think comething of me,
I want you to look at me and think "Sucsess!"
I want you to hug me, and actually be proud of me,
I want you to think i could do anything
You hate to be around me,
I love to spend time with you
You do everything for me because you're forced,
I just wish you would do it willingly
I just want you to know, I admire you in every way,
In my eyes you're everything
I want to be as good at everything as you are
To me, You're my Hero.
This poem is dedicated to my two older brothers! This was triggered by a book that i am reading at the moment. The book it called, "Witch and Wizard: The Gift" By James Patterson. The two main characters of this book are a brother and a sister, Whit and Wisty. I know that they are jsut fictional characters but their relationship that they have, I don't have any words for it. I want that relationship! I admire them and their relationship! I wish i could have the kind of relationship, that Wisty has with her older brother, with my older brothers. I know, you're probably thinking, "What is she talking about? What is their relationship like?" Well, I'll give you an example. At the moment in the book, "Wisty" is supposed to be executed. WHit is narrating this one part. "There's a flash- not of light but of somehow blackness- and she is gone. Wisty. My little sister. My best friend in the world....." In the next chapter he goes on to say, "If I'm still drawing in air, it's not because i care about living. The last person of the Allgood family that I knew for certain to be alive, the person who knew better than anyone else in the world, the person who looked up to me in everything, is gone. What an incredable waste of an inceredable life...."
Now, from my perspective, I'm pretty sure if i died at this very moment and my parents told my brothers, that they would be sad then go on to something else, because they are probably to busy with Video games at the moment. They wouldn't stop and think, "Wow, Aria is gone. The one that looked up to me in everything, The one who know me better than anyone else in the world. My best friend. My little sister." Yeah, I know I'm probably excadurating this sistuation a little to much really, But some times, I just wish they would think something like that. I know that I don't know my brothers better than anyone else in the world. I know that I'm not their best friend. I know that at the moment, they don't really care about me. And yeah, I know, I'm not going to die at this very moment, or anytime soon. So don't worry. The only thing i really would like that would compare, even just a little bit, to whit and wistys relationship, Is a good Brother,sister bond with my brothers. I would just want them to actually be around me sometime
Now, i know my brothers are probably going to end up readin this entry in my blog. I just want to say to,them if they do, I don't want to force them to have a good reltionship with me. I enjoy fighting with them sometimes. But sometimes, when they yell at me, it really hurts, and they have no idea how much it hurts. And all this is just my imagination at work. Me imagining that i have a good relationship with my brothers. All this stuff is stuff that i really want, but i'm not going to force ANYONE to do. Maybe, just by writing this, i might change my whole relationship with my brothers. On the other hand, Probably not. Now for the Poem, all that stuff about the "You think," and "When you look at me" stuff is just from my perspective. It may not all be true, but from where i stand, it is. Every thing that i wrote, about me thinking. Well, Thats all true. That is all that i think! Now i have a bunch of other things floating around in my head about this and i just dont know how to write it. So for now I'm going to stop.
To Michael and Zachary, If you're reading this, I just want to tell you that I love and admire you in every way. Everything that i think about you is in the poem.
A. Joy ♥

4 comments:

  1. Sweetheart, you are such a good writer, and so full of emotion, too. All of your feelings are valid, I'm definitely not telling you you're wrong. But I do hope it makes you feel better to know that brothers, especially when they are teenagers, are all the same way. I am seven years younger than my brother, and I just worshiped him while we were growing up, and any time he spent with me was so very special. But most of the time he ignored me, was out of the house with friends, or I was just an annoyance to him. Brothers and sisters love one another, but brothers are very different in the ways that they show it (and some don't show it at all, it just depends on their personality.) You just keep being the loving person you are, be sweet to them and everyone else. Our call is to be loving regardless of the reaction that other people have to us, even our family and our friends. As you get older, all of you, your bond will grow and you will all mature more and more, and become closer. That connection that you want is in your hearts, it's just not always shown on the outside at this age. Pray for them, for you, and for that bond to always grow. And keep writing! :) I love you so much, and I'm so proud of the young woman you are growing into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are loved by so many people, being yelled at is called life, it is uusually for your own good but i agree when i got yelled at i got upset also growing up, especially if my dad yelled at me. I yelled alot as a mother, nothing that i am proud of but there aren't books out their to tell you how to be the perfect parent, we also have our bad days also we get tired and make mistakes too,but the love is always ther no matter what you do, parents don't ever turn their back to their children, unconditional love always and grandparents also. you will make your own way and i am sure you will make the right choices, you are a beautiful and talented and you will figure all out, God will hold your in the palm of his hands always. love you always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, aria joy...you took the words right out my mouth. I too wish to have that kind of relationship with my brothers and i am almost 40, i still to this day feel every word of that poem. Now if i could only get my brothers to read that. being a little sister or being the only girl is alot harder than our brothers could ever understand....i too look up to my older brother and still feel like he is way up there and i would never measure up to his intelligence. he to this day is my hero and role model. my little brother is a little easier to get along with because i took care of him alot and we were close when he was younger but still he has that hero label to me. but on a diffrent note you are an amazing writer and i believe writing a journal or blog or something is very theraputic. i love you my princess and i am here if you ever need to talk or need anything, thats always. love U.

    ReplyDelete